Saturday 22 March 2014

Return of Murphy

Its been busy here at LAMAS HQ!

I am on my third XP to windows 7 upgrade, with no 4 and potential 5 sitting on the floor.

I have written about Murphy's PC before - anything that can go wrong, will!

Murphy's PC is currently sitting on the bench going through its post upgrade updates (all 149 important and 6 optional) and it's going well!  (Grabs wooden workbench and holds on for dear life!)

Some of the upgrades I have done have been fiddly in as much as the hardware was just not quite up to the task, but for now  the client wanted it done.

(Spoke too soon, 70 updates just bombed out!)

I have also been getting the junior Lamas interested in coding and refreshing my own HTML/CSS skills.  This has been as a result of the hour of code and codeacademy.

Remember to check with family and friends, especially the older ones, that may still be using XP and remind them that support finishes on 8th April 2014 and they need to be upgrading soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audio Issues after Windows 10 Update - Red X on Audio in system tray

 I'm going to work backwards This is the link to the fix    This here this is the link If like me you are reading anything and everythin...