Monday 9 March 2015

Raspberry PI 2 - The Next Generation - Startup issues.

Read an article on the new Raspberry Pi 2 recently.  The Pi we have is an original B layout.
I ordered one for research purposes, of course!!

What I did not realise, was the comparisons made in the article were to the B+ layout.

There are 2 differences between the original Pi B and the Pi 2 (well there are obviously more but these 2 are quite important and have put a stop to my research temporarily.)

The Pi 2 requires a minimum 4GB micro SD Card where as the previous one I had worked with a 2GB quite well.

Another difference that I was already aware of is the B works with an normal sized SD card but the Pi 2 works with a Micro SD card as does the B+.

The Pi 2 also requires a power supply that delivers 2A.  The power supply for the Pi B works well with a 1.5A.

Another difference between the original B and the B+ and the Pi 2 is the actual layout of the board. The B+ and the 2 are a similar layout and the B is quite different.  New case has been ordered as well today!

I will have to put off my research for a couple of days.  Delivery on the power cable was 2 days!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audio Issues after Windows 10 Update - Red X on Audio in system tray

 I'm going to work backwards This is the link to the fix    This here this is the link If like me you are reading anything and everythin...