Monday 9 March 2015

Nexus 7 and Lollipop

The Lamas Nexus was seriously lagging just before the update to 5 came out so I was waiting quite impatiently for the release.

I think I was among the last of the Nexus users to get the update, or so it seemed,  which when it arrived was 5.0.2. 

I set the upgrade off and waited quite excitedly for it to finish.

When it did, I thought my Nexus was done for!!

It was even slower than before the upgrade.  I tried all the tricks I could find to sort it out but to no avail.

In the end, I backed it up and restored it to factory settings.  It restarted with the new OS – not the original OS from when it was first delivered.

I put in my details and it downloaded all my apps.
 
It was much better, although it still has its moments I can work around that (terminating a certain social media app helps).


It seems that installing the apps on to the new operating system works better than putting the operating system over the existing apps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audio Issues after Windows 10 Update - Red X on Audio in system tray

 I'm going to work backwards This is the link to the fix    This here this is the link If like me you are reading anything and everythin...