Tuesday 30 April 2013

Nexus 7

There seems to be a minor rebellion with the Lamas Devices at the moment.  A Lamas PC was giving me grief a few weeks ago and now my Nexus 7 is getting in on the act. 

While I was getting the Lamas Juniors ready for school this morning we were talking about Nocturnal animals, badgers, hedgehogs, owls and bats.  They are learning this at school.  They are both in the same year at school and therefore, are learning the same thing.  Well, you would think they are learning.  Lamas M told me that a Hedgehog is 3 times smaller than an average cat and Lamas S told me it was 3 times bigger. 

So I decided, that to settle the differing opinions of the Junior Lamas, I would turn to my constant companion, my Nexus 7, to show them who was correct.  I knew that the battery was low and had already plugged it in.  I switched it on and carried on with the usual routine.  

I came back to it a few minutes later and it had not switched on so I pressed the on button again.  It did the usual Google and then the X on the screen.  Then horror of horrors, the screen went all fuzzy and pixelated, and switched itself off again.

Oh. My. Stars.

After they were safely in school I came home to wrestle with it.  I checked the usual sources online and it did not look promising.  So I tried a factory reset. Still nothing.  But this did clear all my own data from the Nexus.  

I phoned the tech dept of the store it came from.  I had not rooted it and it was still within its warantee period. 

They asked me some basic questions - they don't know that I fix PCs.  I told them what I had done already.  

They suggested that I should just take it back to the store I got it from and once it was confirmed that there was no damage to the screen, they would replace it. 

In the store they checked it and replaced it with really very little fuss.

On returning home I entered my email address and within a short period of time there it was as always with my picture of the Junior Lamas on the home screen.

Crisis over.

Back to repairing the laptop waiting for me in the workshop!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Audio Issues after Windows 10 Update - Red X on Audio in system tray

 I'm going to work backwards This is the link to the fix    This here this is the link If like me you are reading anything and everythin...