Friday 3 October 2014

Trial Software

Back in November last year I blogged about the AV security that had been included in a magazine.
It was a 6 month subscription to the paid for Panda Anti Virus.

I ended up removing this from the PC as the parental control settings on it were not quite right for our family.

The little Lamas are now both 8 and love playing online games, Panda security needed to be set as high as about age 17 to ensure that they had access to the Lego site.  It caused more issues in the family than it was worth so it got uninstalled.

I also had a 12 month Subscription to Bitdefender on my laptop.  My laptop is not the newest on the planet but it works.  I found that on my older system it is too resource heavy.
It makes you set a user password, which in my case I feel is unnecessary but if you have security concerns its a good thing. 
I found that the update, which was attempted every day, never actually worked and therefore, gave an error every day.  It seemed to take an age to do a scan and slowed the laptop down even more.

Since I have uninstalled it I have found that the PC works faster, even with an alternative Antivirus installed.

So for now we are sticking with Avast.
Enjoy your weekend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audio Issues after Windows 10 Update - Red X on Audio in system tray

 I'm going to work backwards This is the link to the fix    This here this is the link If like me you are reading anything and everythin...