Thursday 2 October 2014

Turn off voice Avast

It has been busy here at Lamas HQ.

I spent last weekend with Lamas Dog at a training centre learning about dog psychology and behaviour.  (I can sort out a PC, easy! But when it comes to dogs...)

I have also noticed that repairs seem to come in cycles.  A while back I repaired several Desktops with power supply issues, over the summer it has been Windows 7 upgrades, in the last few weeks it has been screen replacements, both laptop and phone. 

We all have our favourite Antivirus.   My allegiance has changed in the last couple of months from a well know free AV to Avast.  The reason for this is that it seems more lightweight on system resource that the other one I was using.  The only thing I don't like is the fact that Avast really likes a chat.  It likes to tell you (loudly!) what it is doing all of the time.  It usually takes me by surprise! 

I had to find the procedure for turning off the voice because it (to me) is not evident.

So, if it will be of any help to anyone else here it is:
It will also be of assistance when I am out and about - I can just check my own blog and there are the instructions. At least someone is reading it!

From the Avast User interface

 

Select Settings from the bottom of the list on the left hand side.
 

From the list on the left select Appearance

 

Scroll down to the section SOUNDS.

 

Uncheck the Voiceovers box and it will stop all the chatter! but you will still get the warning beeps on the events described above.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audio Issues after Windows 10 Update - Red X on Audio in system tray

 I'm going to work backwards This is the link to the fix    This here this is the link If like me you are reading anything and everythin...