Tuesday 14 October 2014

New Laptop! Asus P550LAV

Following the sad demise of my faithful and trusty old laptop last week, I had the pleasure of receiving my new one today.

It is very nice with an actual numeric keypad!  HDMI, USB 3, WebCam, Loads of Ram, and a Large HD, i3 processor, DVDRW

I purposely bought a laptop with Windows 8.1 Pro on it.  (If you know me you will know that I am not a fan of Windows 8.)  The Pro in the title means that I can use the same COA to downgrade back to Windows 7.

Its all shiny and new.  The keyboard is nice and springy.  The display is clear and crisp.
The trackpad is going to take a little getting used to.  

I am getting the usual applications installed. AV, firewall, Anti-malware. Belt, Braces... Getting it connected to all the stuff in the house. 

Its quiet.  It's been running for a while and it feels cool to the touch.

The only thing I really miss is how my old one was set up.  The applications that I used all the time were there.  The Favourites, screen saver, the applications that I used very little but were an important part of it all because there was one that managed to retrieve all the photos from our trip, (when they were all accidentally erased from the SD card!)  when the other data retrieval apps that I have on the desktops, which I may add I paid a licence fee for, were not able to get the photos back.  
There is also another one that sorts out partitioning which again I can't remember what it is called.  

That, however is a job for tomorrow.  The old laptop had RAM and motherboard issues.  I did not loose any data. Its all backed up anyway.  

I like my new laptop  and now I am going to use it to order a new Nexus 7 screen (the Network Manager...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Audio Issues after Windows 10 Update - Red X on Audio in system tray

 I'm going to work backwards This is the link to the fix    This here this is the link If like me you are reading anything and everythin...